Why Get Involved?
The Huntington’s Disease Association of Ireland is a national registered charity with a vision for individuals and families impacted by Huntington’s Disease to live their best possible lives.
Our mission is to effect positive change for people impacted by Huntington’s Disease in Ireland by:
- Informing and supporting individuals and families impacted by Huntington’s disease and providing information to their health and social care professionals
- Advocating for improved services
We aim to:
- Ensure reliable information is available to families and professionals through our website, helpline, publications, meetings and events.
- Increase understanding among health and social care professionals, policy makers and other relevant stakeholders.
- Support people living with Huntington’s to access required health services and social supports.
- Provide practical support including access to counselling and financial assistance towards aids and appliances.
- Facilitate peer support through support meetings and events.
- Highlight the need for dedicated services including multidisciplinary consultant led clinics, specialist nurses and an integrated care pathway for Huntington’s disease.
- Promote and support Huntington’s disease research.
- Make sure families impacted by Huntington’s disease are at the heart of what we do.
- Maintain and enhance relationships with relevant national and international organisations and stakeholders.